8a - 5p 4 Days a week
Cuero Regional Hospital is searching for a PRN Collections Clerk for our Business Office Department.
- The Collections Clerk is responsible for working with the Financial Counselor to improve self pay collections for all patients.
- They review all SP Emergency patients and perform follow up with phone calls or letters for capture of any missed insurances, and to offer self pay discounts when appropriate.
- They assist with review of self pay collections, reviewing bills of patients that have received 3 statements without payment, sending letters, making phone calls and referring to correct collection agency per set policy.
- They assist with determining and collecting payments and copays for outpatient imaging and day surgery procedures.
- They back up Verification clerk, in obtaining insurance verification and preauth for tests and surgeries.
- They review inpatients and observation list and go to floor to collect SP portions. The assist with collections in ER and outpatient lab and training registration clerks to perform collection duties.
- They back up Financial counselor with computing self pay amounts and calling for payments.
- They assist with charity care applications and indigent applications.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Telephone & Paging Skills
- Good Keyboard Skills
- Communication skills.
- Customer relation skills
- Medical terminology
- Good telephone etiquette
- Computer skills
- Must be able to multi-task
Open until filledApply for this job