Cuero Regional Hospital is searching for a FT EMT-ADVANCED in our EMS Department.
- Provide basic and advanced level care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients when responding to emergency calls, non-emergency call, emergency transfers and non-emergency transfers.
- This includes basic and advanced level assessment of the sick and injured and determining the appropriate treatment.
- Provide treatment at the basic and advanced level using equipment, supplies, and medication within competency level and scope of practice.
- Identifies patient changes during care and acts accordingly to maintain or improve the patient’s condition.
- Prepare and submits a patient care report that reflects the assessment, treatment and patient response to treatment.
- Work cooperatively with other member of the Cuero Regional Hospital team and assist other departments as needed.
- Communicate with receiving care providers to assure a seamless transition of patient care and maintain continuity of care.
- Perform daily inspection and inventory of the ambulances equipment and supplies and replaces items as needed.
- Check ambulances daily for safety and operational issues.
- Check vehicle fluid levels (oil, coolant, etc.) and fills as needed.
- Report all unsafe ambulance or equipments issues to immediate supervisor.
- Clean and disinfect equipment and ambulances daily and as needed.
- Maintain continuing education hours in accordance with Texas DSHS for certification.
- Keep current with required annual training for Cuero Regional Hospital.
- Attend required department and hospital in-services and meetings.
- Maintain compliance with Cuero EMS and Cuero Regional Hospital policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current intermediate certification.
- 2 years experience preferred.
- Current Texas driver's license.
- Current CPR and BTLS.
Open until filledApply for this job