EMS Assistant Director - FT
Cuero Regional Hospital is searching for a FT Assistant Director and/or Licensed Paramedic in EMS Departmart.
- Reports directly to the EMS Director and has supervision authority over EMS Department Paramedics, Advanced EMT, and EMT
- Developes and maintains a preventative maintenance program for the EMS fleet of ambulances. Instructs and guides the EMS crews on daily maintenance provided by the EMS crews.
- Schedules routine and emergency maintenance needed on ambulances with approved outside vendors.
- Provide basic and paramedic level care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients when responding to emergency calls, non-emergency call, emergency transfers and non-emergency transfers.
- This includes basic and paramedic level assessment of the sick and injured and determining the appropriate treatment.
- Provide treatment at the basic and paramedic level using equipment, supplies, and medication within competency level and scope of practice.
- Identifies patient changes during care and acts accordingly to maintain or improve the patient’s condition.
- Prepare and submits a patient care report that reflects the assessment, treatment and patient response to treatment.
- Work cooperatively with other member of the Cuero Regional Hospital team and assist other departments as needed.
- Communicate with receiving care providers to assure a seamless transition of patient care and maintain continuity of care.
- Perform daily inspection and inventory of the ambulances equipment and supplies and replaces items as needed.
- Check ambulances daily for safety and operational issues.
- Check vehicle fluid levels (oil, coolant, etc.) and fills as needed.
- Report all unsafe ambulance or equipments issues to immediate supervisor.
- Clean and disinfect equipment and ambulances daily and as needed.
- Maintain continuing education hours in accordance with Texas DSHS for certification.
- Keep current with required annual training for Cuero Regional Hospital.
- Attend required department and hospital in-services and meetings.
- Maintain compliance with Cuero EMS and Cuero Regional Hospital policies and procedures..
- Associates Degree or above or a Licensed Paramedic
- Five years manager or supervisor
- Minimal 3yr experience working a 911 Service
- BLS, ACLS, PALS are required and current
Open until filledApply for this job