Cuero Regional Hospital is searching for a PRN Operator/Clerk for our Switchboard Department.
- The operator is the primary greeter for all internal and external guests in the hospital.
- They must provide excellent customer service and assistance to all.
- They are the primary phone operator and pager for the facility.
- They handle flow of communication quickly and efficiently and alert all involved parties during disasters, fires and/or drills.
- They act as security, monitoring the front door, keeping watch for patients in distress, or safety hazards and report to the appropriate staff.
- They assist with business office and medical records clerk duties daily.
- Registration Clerks must be proficient in the performance of all registration duties and will perform them as needed.
- They register all patients who present to Cuero Regional Hospital for care, including outpatients, ER patients, Inpatients and Observation patients.
- They also provide support to the individual departments in which they work.
- They must possess knowledge of all computer programs and databases necessary to proficiently complete their assigned tasks.
- They act as cashiers collecting on self pay, copays, and deductible/out of pockets at the time of service.
- They perform order entry and medically necessity when needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Telephone & Paging Skills
- Good Keyboard Skills
- Communication skills.
- Customer relation skills
- Medical terminology
- Good telephone etiquette
- Computer skills
- Must be able to multi-task
Open until filledApply for this job