Community Blood Drive at CRH
Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Cuero Regional Hospital will host a Community Blood Drive presented by South Texas Blood & Tissue Center on Thursday, July 18 from 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. in the Education Classroom at Cuero Regional Hospital, located at 2550 N. Esplanade in Cuero. Donors will receive a coupon for a free burger from Whataburger and a free movie pass from Cinemark.
For those wishing to donate, consider the following before you give blood:
- Eat an iron-rich meal before you donate
- Drink 8-10 glasses of fluid 1-2 days before you give to help make your veins more visible and to help you feel more energized after you donate.
- Avoid aspirin products or blood thinning medications for two days prior to donation.
- Provide consent signed by your parents if you are 16 years old.
- Questions on eligibility or need to ask about a specific medication? Call 800 – 292-5534 ext. 2243
A single blood donation can save up to three lives. This donation can be repeated as often as every 56 days, according to the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center’s website.
Give the gift of life and donate at this community blood drive. For more information, call Kathy Simon with Cuero Regional Hospital at (361) 275- 0510.