Contact: Emily Weatherly
Cuero, TX—Cuero Regional Hospital announced that effective immediately, they are adding additional clarification to their one visitor per patient policy. This is for both Cuero Regional Hospital’s patients as well as Cuero Health Clinics’ patients; only one visitor per patient with additional limits outlined below in the revised policy.
“Cuero Regional Hospital has revised our visitor policy to reduce exposure for those in our building to COVID-19 & limit the number of people in the hospital. Minimalizing the traffic in our hospital and clinics by limiting visitors continues to be an area of focus for us as our staff battles COVID. Also, in order to assure a safe care environment, all Cuero Health departments, patients and visitors are to continue to practice the proven tactics for controlling the spread of COVID-19, including wearing a mask while in the facility,” said Lynn Falcone, CEO of Cuero Regional Hospital.
VISITOR POLICY CHANGE
Effective September 20, 2021
Cuero Regional Hospital
- One healthy, adult visitor (16+ only) per patient allowed in the hospital. Others that wish to visit the patient are NOT to wait in our facility for their turn.
- Visitors with COVID symptoms or have tested positive for COVID and under quarantine are not to enter the facility unless seeking emergency medical treatment.
- All are required to enter at hospital’s mandatory screening and to wear PPE/mask covering both mouth and nose at all times.
- Visitors in COVID-19 patient rooms are aware of the health risk and assume liability for that decision.
- Our staff will coordinate virtual visits via telephone, FaceTime or other options via the patient’s personal device.
Monday – Sunday ~ 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
(please note all weekend visitors will be screened at the FRONT ENTRANCE of Cuero Regional Hospital at our Switchboard.)
Cuero Health continues their universal masking policy in line with current CDC best practices; all patients and visitors will be required to wear a mask (covering both mouth and nose) and be screened. Those visiting an inpatient during the week are to enter at the Cuero Medical Clinic screening area (located in the back of the hospital) and those visiting over the weekend are to enter at the front main entrance of Cuero Regional Hospital for screening.
For more information and the latest updates from Cuero Health, please visit www.cuerohospital.org or follow us on Facebook: Cuero Regional Hospital. On the website, check COVID-19 UPDATES for the latest updates on visitor policy, vaccines, testing and more.