Cuero, Texas: On Thursday, Oct. 15, Cuero Regional Hospital will host a blood drive in their Education Classroom from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Cuero Regional Hospital is honored to partner with The South Texas Blood & Tissue Center to host the blood drive and stresses that this drive is by appointment only. Those wishing to donate are asked to secure their donation appointment in advance on www.SouthTexasBlood.org.
Anyone who is 16 years old weighing 120 pounds (with parental consent form), or at least 17 years old weighing 110 pounds, and in good general health can donate blood. Donors must present photo ID, last four digits of their social security number and their birth date and masks are required to enter the Education Classroom. South Texas Blood and Tissue Center will screen all donors prior to entry. All donors will receive access to gift cards, including Uber Eats, Hulu, Dominos and more.
Blood Drive at Cuero Regional Hospital
Thursday, Oct. 15, 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
CRH Education Classroom
For further information regarding location, please contact Kathy Simon at 361-275-0510.
Per The South Texas Blood & Tissue Center (STBTC), giving blood means bridging the space between two lives. One is healthy, vibrant and generous. The other is experiencing illness, trauma and uncertainty. The South Texas Blood & Tissue Center (STBTC) is honored to be the bridge between those two lives. Your donation helps STBTC ensure blood is available whenever and wherever it is needed.
The mission statement of STBTC is "to be the blood provider bridging caring people to patients." Below is an overview of the blood donation process, as well as things to consider before you donate.
BEFORE YOU GIVE BLOOD:
- EAT -Consume an iron-rich meal before you donate. For meal tips, click here.
- HYDRATE -Drinking 8-10 glasses of fluid 1-2 days before you give will help make veins more visible, help you feel more energized after donation and more.
- Rest -Get a good night's sleep before you donate.
- Avoid aspirin- If you're planning on donating platelets, avoid aspirin products or blood-thinning medications for 2 days prior to donation.
- Provide consent- If you're 16-years-old, we will need consent forms signed by your parents.
- Are you eligible?- If you have questions about your eligibility, or need to ask about a specific medication, please call the STBTC eligibility specialists at (800) 292-5534, ext. 2243, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.