Lockers and dressing rooms
Lockers are available in each dressing room and may be rented for $10 per month. If you are interested in renting a locker, ask for assistance at the front desk. Belongings may NOT BE LEFT IN DAILY LOCKERS OVERNIGHT. Locks will be cut off and contents removed unless you have paid for a rental locker. Cuero Wellness Center does not accept responsibility for items removed from lockers. There are 28 lockers available in Men's Dressing Room and 24 lockers available in Women's Dressing Room.
Showers are available, with towels available in the Towel Center located in the entrance to Pool Area. Please place all used towels in the designated area after use.
Cuero Wellness Center offers massage therapy services for members and non-members. Our massage therapist is a state licensed, trained professional and offers a variety of massage techniques. Although no two massages are exactly alike, you may request a certain technique or modality.
We offer the following massage therapy services by appointment:
- Swedish Massage – gentle kneading and stroking of muscles
- Deep Tissue Massage – helps to release the chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow, deep strokes and pressure on muscles, tendons and fascia
- Sports Massage – concentrates on increasing motion and flexibility, relieving muscle soreness and promoting a quick recovery from muscle overuse
- Trigger Point Therapy – pressure is applied to the sensitive area where a firmness of the muscle belly has developed. This focused pressure can often relieve pain and muscle tension in the area.
- Seated Chair Massage – performed with the client fully clothed while positioned on a specially designed, comfortable chair located in a quiet setting
- Hot Stone – improves circulation, increase the detoxification process, decrease stress, and promote deeper relaxation
- Aromatherapy – headache relief, muscle and joint, sinus/respiratory, stress management, and relaxation
- Crispin Gale, LMT– Massage Therapist
Crispin has 28 years of massage experience and has worked at the Wellness Center for 13 years.
Benefits of massage therapy
- Improves athletic performance and recovery
- Improves soft tissue strains or injuries
- Helps to break up scar tissue
- Reduces arthritic symptoms
- Boosts immunity
- Relieves headaches and migraines
- Reduces anxiety and stress symptoms
Our certified fitness professionals have many years of experience working with adults both young and old. Whether you work with them with on an exercise prescription, or hire them as your very own personal trainer, you’ll be impressed with the knowledge and expertise of our trainers.
These sessions are included with your membership and can also be scheduled with our staff at your convenience. During an Exercise Prescription, our fitness staff will design a comprehensive exercise plan just for you, and help you get started with it.
Many new and even long term members opt to invest in the services of a personal trainer. All of our fitness professionals offer Personal Training services based on schedule and interest. A personal trainer works with you one-on-one to create, inspire and motivate along the way. They will expand your fitness activities and oversee your every move. Many agree that the best and quickest way to get results, is to hire a personal trainer.
Cathy Belton, personal trainer
Cathy has been in the fitness industry for 6 years and has been personal training for 3 years. She was a competitive swimmer throughout high school and still loves to swim.
Cathy is certified through ACTION personal training and is a functional fitness specialist. Cathy trained at Citizens HealthPlex for 3 years and taught several group fitness classes. She loves helping others achieve their health and fitness goals.
DUE TO COVID-19, PLAY CENTER IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
This amenity is free with your membership.
There is no constant supervision of children by staff. Children must be of responsible age to stay and play safely.
- The Play Center is an unsupervised area for children to play and relax while you workout.
- Parents are responsible for their own children. We only allow children that are old enough and mature enough to be left alone. Our play area is not directly supervised but is located near the front desk. We have a security camera in the play area, however, our staff does not directly monitor children. Parents must be vigilant of their children at all times during their workout.
- Your child must be checked in and will not be allowed to leave without being checked out by their parent/guardian.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Play Center. Have your child clean up before leaving the Play Center.
- The Play Center is the ONLY place children are allowed in the facility, except to go to the restroom or during scheduled children's programs. Parents must take their children to the restroom. Children ARE NOT permitted to use the pool while their parent/guardian works out anywhere in the facility.
- No horseplay or running is allowed in the Play Center. If any damages/accidents occur while your child is in the Play Center, please report them to the desk immediately for the safety of other children. Any child that is repeatedly unruly will not be allowed to return to the Play Center.
Refresh with a water aerobic routine in our indoor heated pool of 4' 6" depth. Pool access is available with membership at no extra cost.
The pool area is only open during staffed hours. Hours are subject to change based on usage and scheduled events.
Please be aware that there is NO lifeguard on duty – swim at your own risk.
DUE TO COVID-19, ONLY 5 MEMBERS ALLOWED IN THE POOL AT ONE TIME.
- No diving. Please enter by pool steps.
- Showers are mandatory before entering the pool. Swimmers leaving the swimming area must take another shower before re-entering the pool.
- Do not enter pool with open wounds or with any infectious condition. Please do not enter the pool if you are experiencing or recovering from diarrhea or a waterborne transmitted communicable disease.
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn at all times in the pool. Street clothes/shoes or workout clothes are not permitted in the pool. Incontinent persons must wear a swim diaper.
- No food or beverages permitted in the pool or poolside.
- Food is permitted in park area only. Chewing gum is not allowed in pool area.
- Please be aware of other swimmers and be respectful of their workout area in the pool. The number of swimmers may be limited to prevent overcrowding.
- Pool exercise equipment is to remain in the pool area and returned to its designated location after use.
- No disruptive behavior or foul language will be permitted.
- Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Caution: Pregnant women, elderly persons, those with known medical problems or those on medication that cause drowsiness, please consult your physician before pool use.
- Anyone under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol is not permitted to use the pool and will be immediately asked to vacate the facility.
- Immediately report any accidents you observe in or around the pool to a staff member.
- Cuero Wellness Center management reserves the right to deny the use of the pool to anyone at any time.
- Towels for pool use are located in the Towel Center. Please place all used towels in the designated area after use.
Enjoy a cardiovascular workout on the court!
Hours of operation:
Mon. through Thurs., 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Fri., 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Sat., 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sun., 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
All BFit members may rent racquets from the front desk. Goggles, racquets and balls can be purchased also. Reservations can be made at the front desk and will be available on the hour. Call 361.275.9355.
DUE TO COVID-19, SAUNAS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED EXCEPT FOR STAFFED HOURS.
There are two dry saunas for member use, one for men and one for women, located in the locker/dressing rooms for privacy. It is important to be well hydrated before and after using the sauna. Refer to the list of rules posted by the sauna doors to see if utilizing the sauna is recommended for you.
Call Cuero Wellness Center to schedule your appointment - 361.275.9355